- Day One: San Jose airport pick up. Dinner and sleeping at Los Pinitos (scroll down page for photos of the farm and tents)
- Day Two: Hiking tour of our farm. Learn about the challenges that organic farmers face today and how this is influencing the landscapes and farmers' communities in Costa Rica (or concert and lunch at the Turrialba Waldorf School).Basic notion of self sufficiency in the tropics, medicinal plants. Discover the rich fauna and flora of our region. Nice Zip line/canyoning.
- Day Three: Hike through the biggest coffee farm of Costa Rica. Learn about coffee history, growing, processing, and environmental and social certification. If time permits, you can pick some coffee. Visit historic church, picnic and swimming in a (cool) pool under a huge waterfall
- Day Four: Morning Community work (plenty of possibilities to choose from will let you know ahead). Afternoon visit CATIE botanical garden and collections
- Day Five: Caribbean beach excursion. Lunch in Puerto Viejo (approx. 3-hour scenic drive from the farm) on a beautiful private property that is in front of one of the nicest beach of Costa Rica. Afternoon two hour surf lesson ($55/pp not included in package) or swim in the ocean and walk along a forested beach. Sleep in a villa right in front of the nicest and secluded beach in Costa Rica. Properties has a family of Howler monkeys and all sorts of wildlife.
- Day Six: Visit Gandoca wildlife refuge, and Tropical Spice and Fruit garden in Puerto Viejo then drive back to Turrialba
- Day Seven: Rafting on the very lush Peyibaye river
- Day Eight: Guayabo National Park and Monument (a UNESCO world heritage site!) and then spend a day with a typical Costa Rican farming family and enjoy visiting their farm and biodigestor after a typical meal
|Waterfall near Los Pinitos Farm|
|CATIE Botanical Gardens|
|Biking in CATIE|
Program is not necessary in that order. Final program dates will be based on date of arrival.